Software Project Tracking and Control Assessment Answer
1. Define umbrella activities within a process model. Give two examples of umbrella activities in RUP
Ans. umbrella activities within a process model:
1. Software project tracking and control
Tracking and Control is the double procedure of recognizing when an undertaking is floating off-plan, and making remedial move to bring the task in the groove again. Be that as it may, a fruitful undertaking administrator will likewise have the option to tell when the arrangement itself is broken, and even rethink the venture and its objectives if vital.
2. Risk management
Risk Management is a progression of steps that help a product group to comprehend and oversee vulnerability. It's a great plan to distinguish it, survey its likelihood of event, gauge its effect, and build up an emergency course of action that─ 'should the issue really happen.
3. Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
SQA is the arranged and methodical example of exercises which are required to give an assurance of programming quality.
For instance, during the product advancement gatherings are led at each phase of advancement to discover the imperfections and recommend enhancements to create great quality programming.
4. Formal Technical Reviews (FTR)
This incorporates checking on the strategies that has been utilized in the venture. FTR is a gathering led by the specialized staff. The thought process of the gathering is to distinguish quality issues and recommend upgrades. The specialized individual spotlights on the nature of the product from the client perspective.
5. Measurement and matrices
Measurement comprises of the exertion required to quantify the product. The product can't be estimated straightforwardly. It is estimated by immediate and roundabout measures. Direct estimates like cost, lines of code, size of programming and so on. Circuitous estimates, for example, nature of programming which is estimated by some other factor. Henceforth, it is an aberrant proportion of programming.
6. Software Configuration Management (SCM)
Software configuration management (SCM) is a lot of exercises intended to control change by distinguishing the work items that are probably going to change, setting up connections among them, characterizing instruments for overseeing various forms of these work items. It deals with the impact of progress all through the product procedure.
7. Reusability management
It characterizes the measures for reuse the item. The nature of programming is acceptable when the segments of the product are created for certain application and are valuable for creating different applications.
8. Document preparation and production
It comprises of the exercises that are expected to make the reports, structures, records, logs and client manuals for building up a product.
Examples of Umbrella Activities in RUP are:
- Software Configuration Management, as RUP allows the changeability in the system most frequently with least effecting the system.
- Software Project Management and Control, where all activities managing venture the executives happen, from pushing plan targets to overseeing danger to conquering conveyance requirements.
2. What are the trade-offs proposed by Agile Manifesto? (Core Values)
Ans. The Agile Manifesto highlights core values:
- In Agile Manifesto, Person and communication prefer over the tools and process.
- Instead of just following the documents work on software.
- client alliances over contract talks, and
- Answering to change request over following a particular plan.
Procedures and devices are helpful to the extent they serve individuals and their associations; documentation that serves working programming is fine, yet documentation that isn't supporting the advancement procedure and never gets refreshed turns into an exercise in futility and assets; contracts with clients are reasonable for maintained the product business, anyway client coordinated effort is increasingly significant so as to build up the correct item that will serve genuine client's needs; and having the option to react to business changes is a higher priority than following a severe arrangement that may prompt make an inappropriate item.
Notwithstanding these four qualities, the Agile Manifesto sets up 12 standards as follows:
- Our most raised need is to satisfy the customer through exactly on schedule and steady transport of significant programming.
- Welcome propelling necessities, even late being made. Deft strategies outfit change for the client's high ground.
- Deliver working programming an extraordinary piece of the time, from a short time to a few months, with an inclination to the shorter timescale.
- Business individuals and organizers must team up bit by bit all through the undertaking.
- Build undertakings around energized people. Give them nature and bolster they need, and trust them to take care of everything.
- The generally skilled and productive framework for offering data to and inside a movement bundle is extremely close discussion.
- Working composing PC programs is the central degree of progress.
- Agile techniques advance useful unanticipated turn of events. The supporters, fashioners, and clients ought to have the decision to keep up a consistent pace uncertainly.
- Continuous regard for explicit immensity and unbelievable course of action improves nimbleness.
- Simplicity—the craft of strengthening the extent of work not done—is focal.
- The best structures, basics, and plans rise out of self-sorting out get-togethers.
- At standard ranges, the social occasion examines how to wind up being consistently mind boggling, by then tunes and changes its lead in like manner.
3. What are the conditions for Self-organizing Project Teams?
Ans. Conditions for Self-organizing Project Teams:
Coordinated effort and collaboration: When a group doesn't have a supervisor pushing orders, it relies upon the individual individuals to speak with each other and work together. Accordingly, a self-sorting out group must grasp an exceptionally collective style of working and work as a genuine unit.
Competency: Members of a self-sorting out group should communicate solid trust in their own capacities and the abilities of their colleagues. This competency is basic since colleagues can't hope to get away from a chief toward the beginning of each undertaking.
Standard development and improvement: As significant as competency are to progress, so too is a strive after normal development and improvement. Without an administrator, colleagues must willingly volunteer to look for open doors for development and search for approaches to improve what they're doing.
Trust and regard: Trust and regard are key elements for all groups, and self-sorting out groups are no special case. Colleagues need to trust in the abilities of others and trust that everybody will take care of business as arranged, as there is no administrator considering everybody responsible. Also, colleagues must regard the assessments of others and work together to discover bargains to contrasting perspectives.
Inspiration: Receiving another task and finishing it is a certain something, going out to look for some kind of employment and setting your own course of events is very another – and the last requires a significant level of inspiration.
Coherence: Working as a self-sorting out group is something of an exercise in careful control. Finding the correct abilities, building up significant levels of trust, and guaranteeing inspiration are critical to progress, especially when there is no director assuming responsibility. This exercise in careful control makes coherence basic for the group's progressing achievement.
Possession and responsibility: Finally, colleagues must show a solid feeling of responsibility for progress and a pledge to all the past standards.
1. Identify stakeholders
The basic stakeholders in the case study are:
- Wine Broker
- Club Members
- Wine Experts
2. Apply first two steps of Design thinking to find the requirements through Empathy Maps and Define the problem (POV statements)
Ans. There are five steps in design thinking as depicted below:
The chief period of the arrangement thinking process licenses you to build a merciful cognizance of the troublesome you're endeavoring to fathom, typically through customer explore. Empathy is squeezing to a human-focused game plan process like structure thinking since it awards you to put aside your own suspicions about the world and augmentation genuine appreciation into clients and their needs.
During the Define stage, you set up the information you have made and aggregated during the Empathize stage. This is the spot you will separate your discernments and fuse them in order to portray the inside issues that you and your gathering have recognized up 'til now. You should attempt to describe the issue as an issue clarification in a human-concentrated way.
An empathy map comprises of four distinct quadrants spread out on a any resource to display it, which mirror the four main characteristics which the clients illustrated/had at the time of the perception stage. The four quadrants allude to what the clients: Said, Did, Thought, and Felt. Figuring out what the clients said and did are generally simple; notwithstanding, figuring out what they thought and felt depends on cautious perception of how they carried on and reacted to specific exercises, recommendations, discussions and so on (counting inconspicuous signs, for example, non-verbal communication showed and the manner of speaking utilized).
Perspective or Point of View (POV) is a huge and basic issue explanation, which will permit you to ideate in an objective sorted out way. Your POV gets your plan vision by depicting the RIGHT test to address in the ideation social events. A POV joins reframing a game plan challenge into a noteworthy issue announcement.
Application in the Case:
The first step of design process is fully concerned with the research of the User’s need. The empathise phase will allow us to conduct a research in the form of questionnaire ad quizzes. This will help in collecting out the requirements of the Winer stakeholders and the Customers. This will be useful in keeping the record of mostly sold and favourite wine in the network so that we should keep a perfect amount to fulfil the requirements of the customers.
To define a problem, we use the empathy mapping where,
- Say: Write direct quotes from your customers. The basic requirements of the stakeholders when quoted with experience will help us to define the problem effectively. The stakeholders like customers and club members will state their frequent requirements. While the stakeholders like wine brokers will state the mostly deliverable wines.
- Do: What actions or behaviours did you observe? While delivering and fulfil the requirements of the customers, what all activities can be noted down are illustrated in this module.
- Think: What might your user be thinking? What does this tell you about their beliefs? This will include a complete feedback system to get the detailed thinking of the customers with every wine delivered to them. This can also include the feedback process of visiting the nearest wineries and provide the feedback about the services.
- Feel: What emotions might your subjects be feeling? Pay direct attention to the clients to observe their feelings. This can also be a complete client support system where their emotions can be recorded in the tone of voice and the facial expressions.
Point of View (POV Statements):
- Client needs to arrange the visit nearest winery because he found the environment of the winery more soothing to have the drinks.
- Clients visits the winery to have range of winery to be selected at the point of time.
- The wine brokers periodically organise the special events to have a regular and continuous connection with their customers.
- Regular clients can apply for the club memberships because this will help them to avail special offers on the wines.
- Regular clients apply for club memberships to arrange a consultancy service from the wine experts who can suggest them the wine suited to their health.
- Club members can request to arrange the consultant from one of the wine experts.
3. Develop two user stories for each stakeholder
- Clients can purchase the wines from the on-line catalogue and visiting the nearest wineries.
- Clients can apply to the club membership to avail special offers.
- Wine Brokers-
- The wine broker intermittently composes uncommon occasions, for example, wine tasting in picturesque conditions or a consolidated supper and wine tasting.
- The wine broker can help the clients to connect to the wine experts for the consultancy services.
- Club Members-
- Club members can book the consultancy from one of the wine experts associated with the wine broker.
- Club members can avail the offers like as special prices on some products, preferential invitations to special events and waiving of delivery costs.
- Wine experts-
- Wine experts can help the wine brokers to deliver the home tasting wines to the club members.
- Wine exerts can help the clients to provide consultancy on the special request of the club members.
4. Identify the most important use case for each identified stakeholder and draw the corresponding use case models.
Ans. The important use cases for each identified stakeholder are:
- Clients- Buy Wine, Avail Membership
- Wine Broker- Delivery, Organize events
- Club Members- Buy Wine, Request Consultancy
- Wine Experts- Conduct Consultancy
The Use Case is given below:
5. For interaction, modelling, sequence or collaboration diagrams can be used. Give one strength and one weakness for each of those two diagrams.
- SEQUENCE DIAGRAM- A SEQUENCE DIAGRAM just portrays communication between objects in a consecutive request. The motivation behind a grouping graph in UML is to imagine the arrangement of a message stream in the framework. The grouping graph shows the cooperation between two life savers as a period requested succession of occasions.
- A sequence diagram shows an execution of a situation in the framework. Helps in the framework partake during the execution of a framework.
- In a sequence diagram a life saver is spoken to by a vertical bar.
- A message stream between at least two items is spoken to utilizing a vertical spotted line which stretches out over the base of the page.
- In a sequence diagram, various kinds of messages and administrators are utilized which are portrayed previously.
- In a sequence diagram, cycle and stretching are likewise utilized.
Strength of SEQUENCE DIAGRAM: Sequence Diagram permits opposite just as forward building.
Weakness of SEQUENCE DIAGRAM: In the event that the request for message sequence is changed, at that point mistaken outcomes are delivered
- COLLABORATION DIAGRAM- COLLABORATION DIAGRAM portrays the connections and communications among programming objects. They are utilized to comprehend the item design inside a framework as opposed to the progression of a message as in a grouping graph. They are otherwise called "Communication Diagrams."
According to Object-Oriented Programming (OOPs), an article element has different traits related with it. As a rule, there are different articles present inside an item arranged framework where each item can be related with some other item inside the framework. Collaboration Diagrams are utilized to investigate the engineering of articles inside the framework. The message stream between the items can be spoken to utilizing a coordinated effort outline.
Strength of COLLABORATION DIAGRAM: It permits you to concentrate on the components as opposed to concentrating on the message stream as depicted in the sequence diagram.
Weakness of COLLABORATION DIAGRAM: Collaboration diagrams can become complex when such a large number of items are available inside the framework.
6. Draw an interaction model corresponding to the use case from Question 2. This can be either a sequence diagram or a collaboration diagram.
Ans. The interaction Model in the form of Sequence diagram is:
7. Do the umbrella activities you described earlier apply when the modelling task above is undertaken? Give justification for your answer
Ans. Yes, the umbrella activities are applied when the modelling task is undertaken. The justification can be done as:
- Software project Tracking and Control- Every interaction in the interaction diagram is determining he sequence and flow pf the message. This clearly says that the project is well-controlled as well as the administrators are tracking the system update regularly.
- Risk Management- The risk is identified in the system to manage and correct them on the system basis. The loss of delivery information is one of the risks identified in the system, which can be cleared out with the secure database at the wine broker side. This database will avoid any issues regarding the loss of data.
- Software quality assurance- The existing system here is integrated with the new system to define the new functionalities into it.
- Formal Technical Reviews- FTR is assuring the meeting with the technical staff. Every software modelled and developed requires a complete observation from the experienced staff to enhance the functionality of the system.
- Measurement and Matrices- Every software is measured by its cost and quality. This model requires low cost and better quality at the user’s end.
- Software Configuration Management- The system is designed in such a way that any activity can be included or excluded without disturbing the major functionalities of the system.
- Reusability Management- The system is reused with all of its existing functionalities with the new functionalities.
- Documentation and Preparation- Proper documentation and preparation are being stored in the form of designs, models and principles. This is kept in the form of documents to be easily accessible by any developer in the team or the stakeholders, for any changes.
8. Evaluate the tools and techniques used to develop the Wine Broker system above
Ans. The Technique used to develop the Wine Broker System is Agile Project Management system with the Object-oriented analysis of the system. This will include the modelling and prototyping techniques to develop the system.
Agile Project Management method is a lot of rules subject to the worth focused strategy. It grasps distributing work into short runs, utilizing adaptable sorting out and energetic improvement, and enabling social events' self-alliance and encouraged effort focused to passing on most significant worth. Deft structures unite such frameworks as Scrum, Kanban, DSDM, FDD, and so on.
Object oriented analysis helps in the reusability and the accountability of the system. The system divides the stakeholder as an entity and the functionalities as their behaviours. The variables used to perform these functionalities are termed as Attributes.
The tools used to develop the Wine Broker System is Computer Aided System Engineering tools.
Computer-aided systems engineering (CASE), is a procedure that uses unimaginable programming, called CASE Tools, to help structure s examiners make and keep up information systems. CASE gadgets give a general framework to structures improvement and support a wide grouping of plan methodology, including composed assessment and thing arranged examination.
Since CASE instruments make it less difficult to develop an information structure, they bolster it benefit and improved the idea of the finished thing.
Because customary CASE apparatuses framework designers regularly use venture the board devices, for example, Microsoft Project, and exceptional – reason graphing instruments, for example, Microsoft Visio. A framework expert can utilize Visio to make various sorts of graphs, including square charts. Building plans, structures and graphs, maps, arrange outlines, and association diagrams.