SITHCCC007 Prepare Stocks Sauces and Soups Assessment 2 Answer
1. List all essential equipment and utensils required for the preparation, production and service of stocks, sauces and soups and explain the use of each item.
|Equipment/Utensils||Explanation for use|
|ladder||Lift stock or use the sauce pan|
|Stock pot||Cook, prepare stocks|
|China caps||Strain out|
|Hand blender||Blending the item|
|Muslin cloth||Straining the excess liquid|
|Food tray||Leftover stock|
|ladder||Facilitate and place vessel|
2. Provide 3 examples each, for brown, white and miscellaneous stocks, and list
- the cooking times which apply
- the quality signs for good stock
1.specified game stocks used
3.accompany in variety
1. golden color
3. Cherry soup
Quality signs for stock:
Put in freezer soup pint and use in the freezer bag store at 0 to 1 degree
3. What are the points of care which must be applied when preparing stocks?
|Points of care when preparing stocks|
Prepare it fresh and keep it in the best place utensils.
4. List the production steps for each of the following types of stock:
|Brown beef stock||Place ribs, onions, carrots, bake at 400 degree, strain stock and any excess liquid.|
|White chicken stock||Impurities, add cold water, cooked and full boil|
|Fish stock||Use bones, boil and skim white foam to sue ladle.|
|Vegetable and miscellaneous stocks||Boil the cut and the peeled vegetables and strains the excess liquids.|
5. Provide an overview over the different types of glazes, the production method for a glaze and the required procedures to provide for a product which is free of impurities.
|Types of glazes|
|Production steps for a glaze|
|Stock and prepare the 10% of original volume. put the vegetables, flavours, remove impurities and reduce as much for the better flavour. remove fat on the top and ladle.|
6. Provide 3 examples each for, thickeners based on fats, and thickeners based on starches. Explain how these are used in the preparation of soups and sauces including points of care to ensure a quality product.
|Thickeners based on fats||Thickeners based on starches|
|1.egg yolks||1. corn flour or the rice flour|
|2. butter||2. cooked roux|
|3. cream||3. uncooked knead|
7. What are the methods to solve problems relating to stocks which are bitter, cloudy, lacking colour or lacking flavour?
|Stock is cloudy||Take time to fix problem, hot stock add whisked egg, for the liquid add egg white to remove impurities cold stock add the mince and egg whites.|
|Stock is bitter||Remove the bones or vegetables, any burnt flavour and use the cabbage, eggs vegetables.|
|Stock lacks colour||To roast more bones add the mirepoix, to place the procedures|
|Stock lacks flavour||Add spices and reheat.|
8. What are the critical hygiene and food safety aspects which must apply when selecting ingredients for stocks and sauces, as well as preparing, cooling and storing stocks including the provisions for labelling?
|Hygiene and food safety aspects which need to apply for stocks, and sauces when|
|Selecting Ingredients||To use the rightful ingredients, right stocks and sauces which helps to absorb and be clean and hygiene|
|Preparing||To ensure, all the ingredients are rightfully placed and garnished.|
|Cooling||To use the thickening agent and use broths (vegetables or chicken)|
|Storing||To store in the cool place.|
9. List the classification for soups and provide 2 menu examples for each with an appropriate service vessel for service and accompaniment or garnish (no repetition of garnish or accompaniment).
|Classification||Menu Example||Service ware||Garnish||Accompaniment|
|Broth||Chicken soup||In soup saucer||Vegetables||Clear broth,add protein content, add ingredients and place the soup which are filling|
Consommé julienne –vegetables trips
Consommé brunoise –vegetable
profiteroles- small chouxpastry balls
|Strips of pancake.||No agent to add to thicken and clarify the stock from bones.|
|Puree||pumpkin||Add stock and simmer thick and soften the soup using hand blender|
|cream||Chicken veloute||Cream soups with avelouté/ add cream with the mixture of ingredients plus a using the corn flour and cream|
|Bisque||Lobster||Shellfish with the roasted carcass and mirepox and add thickened blond roux|
|Miscellaneous||Gazpacho||Various soups, add cold soup and regional specialities.|
10. Select 1 example of the soups you have listed in Question 9 and write and adjust the ingredients for the recipe, using the attached recipe template to yield 10 serves. Include the production method on the recipe card.
Pumpkin soup sales price 6.36, food cost 25% portion size 300ml
11. List the production steps for a Consommé, including points of care.
|Production steps for Consommé||Points of care|
Chop vegetables and add egg mix with cold stock.
Mix with ingredients, stir and boil
Avoid any raft, strain with muslin cloth add fat and recook the consommé and serve on plate.
|Avoid overstraining, syphon and add the consommé pot with tap, adding consommé through chinois, as the raft would clear the ruin soup|
12. List the classifications for sauces and provide 3 examples for each.
|Classification for sauces||Examples|
13. List the production steps for a Jus.
|Production steps for Jus|
14. List 3 derivative sauces which can be produced from sauce Demi-glace with their main ingredients.
|Derivative sauce from sauce demi-glace||Ingredients|
|1. Bordelaise||dry red wine, add the bone marrow, butter and also then add the shallots|
|honey, add the sprigs rosemary, further adding the fresh thyme and then placing parsley, garlic cloves|
|3. Madeira||butter, add the sugar, lemon rind and then add the all purpose flour and milk|
15. List 2 derivative sauces which can be produced from sauce Béchamel, with their main ingredients.
|Derivative sauce from sauce béchamel||Ingredients|
|1. Mornay||Butter, flour, ingredients like cinnamon, bay leaf, onion and clove.|
|2. Bercy||Minced shallot, add the white wine, unsalted butter, fresh parsley, lemon juice|
16. What is the production method for a Velouté?
|Production steps for sauce Velouté|
|Melt butter in pan, stir flour, add and stir, whisk and dissolve, bring gentle steamer, heat for additional 20mins and put the salt and pepper to make sauce and sieve with the warm water.|
17. Provide 3 examples for derivative sauces which can be produced from each of the following Veloutés
2. Albufera Sauce
3. Allemande sauce
2. Suprême sauce
3. Sauce ravigote
18. What are the basic ingredients of sauce mayonnaise? List the preparation steps and provide 2 examples for derivative sauces (and ingredients used), that can be produced from sauce mayonnaise.
|Production steps for sauce mayonnaise|
Take yolk, whisk with vinegar, add oil and whisk with mayo
1. green sauce
|Mayonnaise, blanched puree, add herbs.|
|Add mayonnaise, mustard, chopped capers, add cucumber and tarragon.|
19. How do the ingredients and production steps for a sauce Hollandaise and sauce Béarnaise differ? Provide 3 derivative examples which can be produced from each Sauce.
|Sauce Hollandaise||Sauce Béarnaise|
Ingredients: vinegar, peppercorns, yolk and
Use vinegar, peppercorns and add water, egg yolk add sabayon stage, add warm clarified butter and strain with muslin water.
Ingredients: vinegar, Peppercorns, Onions, Tarragon, Egg yolk, add Clarified butter, Fresh chervil and White wine
Production Steps: add vinegar, peppercorns, onions, white wines, and tarragon stalks.
Whip yolks, cool to sabayon stage, warm clarified butter through muslin cloth and herbs.
|Derivative sauce||Derivative sauce|
|1. Noisette||1. foyot|
|2. Rubens||2. Paloise|
|3. Mousseline||3. Arlesian|
20. What are the correct hygienic procedures to reconstitute sauces and soups whilst ensuring the correct consistency and flavour?
|Procedures to reconstitute sauces and soups|
Correct consistency, burn and change flavours, add brown sauces, liquid water wine or stock and depends on taste of the products and final dish. add butter for glossy flavour, coating ability.
Correct add stocks and sauces to be reconstituted and add with the seasoning
21. List 3 different convenience products for stocks, sauces and soups and explain how these are used. What could be done to enhance convenience products in terms of flavour and presentation?
|Examples for different convenience products for stocks, sauces and soups|
|Suggested methods to enhance flavour and presentation of convenience products|
22. List 3 food safety aspects which must be considered during the production of soups stocks and sauces to ensure food safety and a clean workplace during and post production:
|Food safety Aspects||Food safety practices and limits the time spent temperature danger zone. cool stockpot and the put ice water bath. place container in cooler rate. not to place in large stockpot with the hot stock within the cooler.|
|Cleanliness and Sanitation|
To clean remove the dirt.
Sanitation to kill bacteria or any infection.
|Requirements at the end of service|
Clean place and wash place the used place.