MIS605 Systems Analysis and Design: Use Of Case Diagram For Specified System Assignment 1 Answer
The system design has developed for online student enrolment at ABC University situated at Sydney, Australia (Bullo & Lewis, 2019). Such system assists students for enrolling into eligible subject as well as paying all fees of college through assistance of system. The assignment will conduct information about system through use of case diagram for specified system that will tell about how such type of system are working in business. Further, it also highlights about different questions related with system.
The different stakeholders in provided project are described below:
- System manager- They are defined as person who focus on managing system in effective way.
- System analyst- They are defined as analyst who perform analysing system as well as checking any errors and emission (Dennis, Wixom & Tegarden, 2015).
- ABC University- It is the university where system has applied and used by institute.
- External service provider (ESP)- They are defined as person where they have to work in collaborate manner with bank so that they could provide services to external parties.
The different factors in system are mentioned below:
- Timetable officers- They are liable for making timetable for students.
- Payment officers- They are liable for making verification of card details of students.
- Student- They carries out overall procedure of enrolment system.
- Student enrolment officers- They generate report to all students studying in university.
Functional requirement (FR) is defined as description of service which software should offer. This is regarded as software system or an element as it is nothing but input to software system which includes output as well as behaviours (Dong & et. al., 2016). The different major functional requirements for system are mentioned below:
- System is regarded as propose having more than one time schedule to students that assist them for choosing effective courses and leads towards success and growth.
- In respective system, whenever courses are displayed then they should display ratio of occupied those courses over available courses (Golestan & et. al., 2015).
- There should be email facility in system for sending emails to students when new courses are added or removed and if any modification is performed then it should be done.
- Whenever system is used then it should asked details for making proceed with payment.
- System is automatically generating report whenever waiting list is lengthy in nature. Such report should be send to all registrars for creating new section for all students.
- Enrolment system carries facility for college admin in order to make overwriting data that aid to control system through administrative.
- There should be implementation of staggered accessing to students that should be implemented in which criteria of students need to be fixed. With this, system removes or prevents crash.
- With the help of search facility, it is easy for students to make any search for specified course as well as checking details.
- Timetable need to be sent to students with help of email whenever registration is over.
- Functional requirements should be integrated through database of ABC University.
- System focus on providing payment facility gateway for students to make easy payment through tuition fees.
Nonfunctional Requirements (NRS) is defined as system that attributes in terms of reliability, maintainability, security, performance, usability and scalability (Guo & Lu, 2015). This is regarded as system qualities, nonfunctional requirements are regarded as critical aspect of functional epics, features, capabilities and stories. It also describes about how systems are working. The different nonfunctional requirements of online student enrolment system are described below:
- It should be made available all time without making any unexpected downtime
- System need to notify students regarding schedules of timetables.
- System need to be accessible for all categories of students like disabled.
- It should provide both video as well as audio support facilities.
- There should be implementation of authentication.
- It should be highly secured and encrypted.
- System need to maintain as well as protect all types of records of students.
- There should be authentication method for login system (Krishnan, 2017).
- It should avoid functionality when students are reviewing details of other category of students.
- The usage of user interface leads to make user friendly to students
- It is providing navigation at top as well as best UI.
- It is very easy to use as well as supporting various languages.
- System is providing academic details.
- It is providing events in form of calendar format.
Therefore, system assist in using setting up more effective program as well as assisting to meet requirement of user for carrying out activities and operations.
A use case diagram is regarded as representation of user’s interaction in system which helps in showing relationship among various use as well as user in that user is included (Mukhopadhyay & et. al., 2016). It is regarded as software requirement for new underdeveloped program of software. This is collection of action that helps in defining interaction among actor as well as system for attainment of specified goal and objectives. In other language, it is defined as that system which will be doing for users. The documentation as well as diagrams are used for providing complete functional along with technical viewing of system.
The given report has use case diagram for their system called online student enrolment system which is going to be drawn here. Such system has used by ABC university, for their students in order to enrol themselves as well as paying for tuition fee with help of system. ABC University has initially used manual system for student registration procedure which was not effective so they adopted new system for enrolling system. The manual system provided several confusion and errors. With assistance of system, management of ABC could easily manage their process and conduct work in effective and efficient way. Use case diagram for enrolment system through online mode is described below:
Figure 1: Online student enrolment system
Figure 2: use case diagram
Use case diagram that has shown above possess four actors like officer of timetables, program director, payment officers and students (Persi & et. al., 2018). Here, main actor is regarded as student who focus on carries whole enrolment process where officers of timetables for students whenever all registration gets over. On other side, payment officers need to make proper checking of all details of card of students as well as proceeding transaction to pay tuition fees. Last is program director generating report for all students who have enrolled in University.
Registration of User
In this phase, students need to fill various details such as name, class, date of birth, address, mobile number and many more for registering themselves into system (Sun & et. al., 2019. In case of already registered then they should focus on logging directly into system.
It is the phase where students need to enter their ID as well as password that is provided at registration (Petrovčič & et. al., 2018). If students has not registered then it is required to register otherwise they would be unable to access into system. Also, if student forget passwords then they may get new passwords with help of email. It will lead towards credential software program.
Selection of Courses
In this phase, there is selection of courses by students according to interest areas and verified through availability of courses. Also, they could select more than one course as per classes’ time as well as availability. Each class possess limit of 50 students once this is full then students need to wait for next class.
Reviewing all Details
In this phase, after entering of all relevant information then such system make review where students should review all details and in case of any mistakes as well as errors then it should be modified before making any submission to authority.
Generation of Timetables
In this phase, officer of timetables need to generate all types of schedules as well as timetables along with providing to students who have registered into student. Such timetable is made after completing student’s registration (Rai, 2017). This officer needs to update, remove and add timetable as per updating as well as requirements work program for making it more effective way.
Generation of Report
In this phase, project director should generate report containing all types of information of students whoever has made registers at university (Schiebahn & et. al., 2015). They should provided students with proper report and make easy for them.
In this phase, payment officer is liable for generating summary of fee of all students studying at level of university.
In this phase, students has to make payment where they need to select their card type and entering all details of cards and then bank need to verifies them through all details and further transaction is made. After that, making of transaction leads to send digital receipt to students and they make take print out of it for further use.
In this phase, students make viewing all information such as location, timetable, library, academic, commencement, information of courses (Strmečki, Bernik & Radošević, 2015). Such system need to notify students through upcoming changes, events and notices through emails. Students need to set up changes coming in future as well as strengthening overall outcomes of assigned program. Thus, all works should be reviewed as well as align with work program in most diligent way.
The use case diagram helps in defining about it through two ways that are as follows:
First Use Case
- Using case name: Student online enrolment system
- ID: UC2
- Priority: Medium
- Actors: project director, officer of payment, officer of timetables and students
- Description: Student uses system for easy registration in specified courses
- Triggers: Selection of right courses
- Precondition: First making of registration
- Normal course: Firstly students are registering and then selecting courses
- Alternative course: Students are taking classes without making registration at system
- Post condition: logout
- Exception: Network problem
Second Use Case
- Using case name: Selection of course as well as timetable
- ID: UC2
- Priority: Medium
- Actors: project director, officer of payment, officer of timetables and students
- Description: Students are selecting more than course as well as responding timetable
- Triggers: Getting right name of course
- Precondition: Student has to select respective as well as important terms
- Normal course: Students has to select courses as per their need and requirements
- Alternative course: Students are liable to get other password in case of forget of first one
- Development of Unique ID: Developing system through effective credential to make procedure
- Post condition: Paying tuition fees on timely basis
- Exception: System should be out of services
The report summarised that it is important to identify all details which should be inferred through use case diagram for strengthening process system. Here, functional requirement is creating relationship between both inputs as well as outputs. There are different functions which should be integrated through help of database of ABC University to make effective connectivity as well as designing methods with students and making work to be easier and simple for making students registration. On other hand, non functional requirements have also studied which provide accuracy, reliability and many more to system to enrol students for different courses. Different actors are included in project work such as student, project director, timetable officer, payment officer along with stakeholders includes system manager, ABC university, external service manager and system analyst.