Law Questions On Breach Of Contract Assessment Answer
- In the given scenario, Nancy visited a pub called Tsimshatsui with her friend Tim, where they bought a bottle of wine. On the next day, while drinking the wine, Nancy found a decayed worm in the wine which cause her food intoxication. The question of law occurred here is whether Nancy has the right to make a legal suit against the pub or not. In that case, a contract has been occurred between the pub and Nancy and any mistake or default in this transaction shall be considered as the breach of contract (Kwan, 2017). Hence, Nancy can sue against the pub for the breach of contract because they owe the liability towards her as they have provided services to her.
- As per the law of contract, when an arrangement of sale or purchase held between the customer and service provider, the service provider automatically bound into a contract in which he owes the liability towards the customer for any loss caused in the course of transaction held with him. In this case, an offer was made by the pub for the sale of wine and Tim has accepted this offer by purchasing the bottle of wine in the exchange of consideration thus a contract has been created between Nancy and Tsimshatsui pub as it comprises all the essential elements of a contract. Hence, to prove the existence of contract between them, Nancy can argue on the basis of a relevant case of “Carlil v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company 1893” where an unilateral offer has been made by the company through an advertisement which was accepted by Mrs Carlil by buying the smoke balls offered by the company (Bertino, 2018). Later, on the denial of company for compensating the claims, the Court held that Plaintiff has the right to make a claim against the company as a contract was occurred between them and liability of payment has also been arisen on the defendant.
- In the given scenario, Daniel has performed the breach of duty of fidelity towards his employer i.e. GAC. Therefore, GAC has the right to make a suit against Daniel for performing dishonest conduct against the company and also request the Court for an injunction on his business activities. According to this duty, an employee is prohibited to work in the competition of employer, to make secret profits, to disclose secret business information or trade secrets to anyone and to behave dishonestly. While in the given case, Daniel has used the information of GAC for creating a base for his own business and after resigning from his employment from GAC he established his own business in the competition of GAC (Grierson, 2018). Also, Daniel was found guilty for the breach of confidentiality and trade secret as he used the connections and sources of GAC for establishing his own business. Hence, GAC may impose legal injunction on the activities of business carried by Daniel.
- According to the given scenario, certain terms can be discussed as follows:
- Duty of Fidelity: This is duty imposed on every employee towards their employers which is also known as duty of good faith or loyalty. It covers several fiduciary duties of employees such as to stay honest, to keep the trade secrets and business data secure and to not create competition.
- Restriction covenant: An employee is restricted to perform certain activities which are determined and inserted in his employment contract by the employer for a specific period of time (Gatewood, & Malish, 2019). These clause are known as restriction covenant. If an employee performs in the breach of such clauses then the employer may take remedial actions against him. For which the employer may use the sources of legal injunction or legal suit.
Keeping up with college work and assignment dues were impossible! After using the assignment services provided by My Assignment Help, things just got a whole lot easier. Their efficiency in completing my assignments were simply incredible! I recommend this service to anybody facing hardships in finding time to complete their assignments.
In my first year, I was given a ton of paper composing assignments and it got extremely disappointing past a point, as I couldn't concentrate on my additional curricular. This typically influenced me to submit content with less effort and freshness which made me low grades in the end. I became acquainted with about their exposition composing plan and thought that it was practical and from that point forward I've been acing my assignments on Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Thanks to the group.
My finals were nearing and I was very worried as I am somebody with low confidence issues and I needed some proper guidance in terms of internal Assignment and this is exactly when I came across this service aiding website and it helped me tremendously. I felt positive and told them the requirements for my assignment on analyzing Graphs and GDP of two nations and they made it very easy for me to concentrate in m exams and I scored really well. All credits to you guys.
Aaron, New South Wales