Investigation Questions On Web Technologies And Trends Workbook 2 Assessment 4 Answer
Discuss some of the issues in developing web sites for mobile devices and compare this to more traditional web site development.
Answer – we have analysed some of the enterprise website belongs to different industries and found the below listed issues with web site for mobile devices. Here are those ("The most common problems with mobile websites", 2019) –
- A web site developed for mobile devices are not simple enough. It is much different from desktop web site due to its usages, screen size, scrolling and length of the web site. So, a developer has to work more for its navigation, menu items and length of the web site.
- Contents in the web page is not engaging enough in a mobile web design due to a variety of reasons. The most common reason is it have to be very minimum as compare to desktop web site.
- Some web pages are not compatible for mobile devices and show absent of functionality. Some typical function includes double tap, zoom, pinch which are usually missing in a mobile web site.
- It may also have lack of cross platform compatibility with different types of mobile devices and browsers.
Comparison – as the adoption of the mobile platform is growing day by day, many companies started moving towards mobile web sites and also transforming their previous web sites to mobile web site. Here is the comparison of mobile web site and traditional web site development (Sites, 2021) –
|Mobile web site||Traditional web site|
|Prioritization of contents||It works on the resolution on 320 x 480 to have compatible with mobile devices, limited crucial and most used functions only||It works on the resolution of 1024 x 768 for desktop screen size. Fully featured.|
|Use of navigation||Mostly usage horizontal navigation||Mostly usage vertical navigation|
|Hypertext, bar and tabs||Less hypertexts, links appeared in bared, tab or button form.||Use of hypertext is ideal and compatible with mouse. Bigger objects are used such as bars, buttons, tabs with much accuracy.|
|Use of graphics and text||Some mobile devices do not support graphics so limited graphics are used||Advance use of graphics for promotions, marketing and navigation purpose.|
|Use of footer||All the quick links are grouped in a list at the footer across a web site.||Two type of footer used on traditional web site with home page and quick links.|
Pick two modern technologies for building web sites e.g., PHP, Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET, WordPress, jQuery, Joomla and briefly compare what they do and how they work.
Answer – WordPress: it is an open-source content managing system which is licensed under GPLv2. Anyone can download and use this free software application to build their own web site even they are a developer. It is mostly used to create blogs rather than a web site but one can create any type of web site using it such as a business, ecommerce, portfolio, forums, social web site etc. ("What Is WordPress? Explained for Beginners", 2020)
It works in very simple way and any new developer can create their own web site, template or apps with very few codes. One has to write their codes in this application according to their requirements and create a project with good performance. Its usage wp-config.php file for configuration purpose, use advanced-cache.php file that is used by plug-ins, db.php for database or MySQL or any other database to store or access data. It also has many other supported configuration files for cache, contents, library, plugin, query, theme, functions, widgets and handling other user requests (Staff & Staff, 2018).
What is Web 3.0 or the semantic web, and what are the associated key technologies?
Answer – Web 3.0 is the third generation of the internet services used by web sites and many applications. It provides the use of machine-based data with good understanding with data driven techniques and semantic web. The Web 3.0 can create very smart, open and connected web sites. Here are the key technologies associated with the Web 3.0 ("5 main features of Web 3.0", 2020) –
- This evaluation of Web 3.0 involves semantic web which provide improvements like in sharing, generating and connecting contents through search and based on analysis. It includes search of words besides the use of keywords and numbers.
- The 3D graphics are being used with Web 3.0 which provide three-dimension design to the web site. This improves user experience with games, ecommerce web page, geospatial contents, etc.
- It also works with artificial intelligence with processing of natural language. By this, a system can understand languages like a human being and improve results. It allows a device to become more smart and advance satisfaction to users needs.
- The contents of Web 3.0 web page can be accessible to different applications. Any Web 3.0 enable device can connect and can use its improved services from anywhere around the globe.
- In Web 3.0 information is much connected when used with semantic data. Which results in better user experience, good level of connectivity and advance information.
Choose and discuss two differences between HTML5 and older HTML specifications.
Answer – here is the key difference between the both ("HTML vs HTML5 - What Is the Difference? - KeyCDN", 2017) –
|Handling of error||Consistent and Advance error handling using reverse engineering process. It saves lot of time of a developer as compared to older HTML.||Errors are being handled by rebuilding the web pages from improper codes. It is a time taken process of finding and correcting an error.|
|Support of mobile platform||It makes support of mobile platform more easy with low fuelled devices such as tablets or smart phones. So, a user can access and use web application anywhere from any device.||It supports limited mobile platforms which limit market demands and headache to the developers in maintaining.|