BBUS1003 Case Study on Interpersonal Communication Assessment A2 Answer
1. Listening process and its value
The listening process is part of the communication through which the individual receives the output and responses given by another individual. The listening process involves the evaluation of the received responses and output to understand the communication process. The listening is the significant part of the communication process which helps the listener to interpret the received responses. The listening process has five parts and these are receiving, understanding, evaluating, remembering and responding. The listening makes communication effective among a group of individuals.
The active listening in professional life is significant to create a proper status and profile by an individual. Active listening is the method which can be used to make proper decisions in professional life. They have the chances to have promotions in their professional carriers. The active listeners are cautious about the working scenario around them in professional life. Active listening helps professional individual more active and efficient in their performances. The active listening can make the individual more skilled and robust in their communication process which is required in professional life. The active listeners are proper supervisors in their profession. They can make proper communications with the customers. The active listening can help to manage different customer of varying behaviours. Active listening can also help to solve problems related to business and profession. In the given scenario, proper listening will help to understand the customer demand and this is essential while dealing with consumers.
2. Three benefits of effective listening
The three benefits of effective listening are as follows:
- Effective listening will improve the relationship with the customers and the business owner. This will help to make the customer more reliable to the business services and items.
- The trust of the customer will increase and they will also feel more delighted with the customer services of the business. The customers will become friendlier with the business members.
- This will increase the confidence level of the business owner and the other workers and employees of the business. The efficiency of the performances is also boosted which increases productivity.
3. Five ways to become effective listener
The five ways to become effective listeners are as follows:
- Making the mind prepared to listen is essential to become a good listener. This will help to make the listener more smart and reciprocating.
- The listener has to be an open mind during the listening process. The listener has to be non-judging and non-justifying. This will help the listener more active to make proper analyses of the responses and outputs which it receives.
- The listener who wants to become more effective can avoid communication during stressed conditions. This will help the listener to save energy for a proper conversation.
- The listener has to be more knowledge on various subjects to become an effective listener. This will help the listener to analyse the responses with high efficiency.
- The effective listener has made more practices and rehearsal in the home. This will increase the efficiency of the listener and the listener will become more effective.
4. Barriers to listening.
The most relevant barriers to listening in a diverse workplace are:
- A diverse workplace should be inclusive of open organizational culture that adds required meanings to the words. It means that the diversity in the workplace brings beliefs and cultures of different people and dissimilarities in the listening as well. For example, a word may have a different meaning in different languages and this may hinder the listening as wrong meanings are associated with the word.
- The listening requires similar wavelength among the people and a diverse workplace may often lack them. This may cause disruption of listening as the listeners are less interested in the speaker and so does not add any value to what is being said. Hence, loss of interest may also be a barrier to listening in a diverse workplace.
- In a professional context, diversity should encourage mingling among the employees and channels for interrelationships should be developed to promote listening. Listening is affected if the listener does not find any attractive elements in the speaker and relationship helps in generating interest.
5. Constructive feedback
The organizational culture is developed through integrated participation of the employees. When the employees of the organization display a discourse for the adoption of the superior stands and nominate such actions that set the tone for the development of the culture of the organization. The organizational culture is set by the professionals of the company and it is the changes made by them that create the culture. The feedback is a mechanism through which suggestions and complaints can reach the authority. It is through the constructive feedback mechanism, any issues that are aced by the employees can be handled effectively. This creates tolerance for the company and develops a conducive organizational culture. The feedback also translates to the exchange of information that develops a relationship among the employees of the company to promote openness in the company. A synergic relationship among the employees of the company means that the culture of the organization is improved and a feedback mechanism means that the organizational culture would be developed through exchange of information, feedback as well as idea. Thus, constructive feedback fosters an open organizational culture.
6. Supervisor to outline the customer complaints
I would approach the supervisor to position my voice as a concerned employee that is providing feedback about the unsatisfactory nature of the consumers due to the broken or untimely delivery of the goods. I would actively listen to the complaints of the consumers and formulate a concise depiction of the conditions of the problems faced by the consumers. I would also provide some opinions about the problems faced by the employees of the company as well due to the complaints of the consumers. the active listening skills would enable me to identify the main issues that are faced by eh consumers so that relevant information can be relayed to the management of the company for handling and resolution. My approach should be such that it would not be a complaint rather a reflection of feedback report on the behaviour of the consumers and condition of the services of the company.