INT101 Comparison Between Christianity and Hinduism Assessment Answer
CHRISTIANITY AND HINDUISM
- In Christianity, there are two genesis in the Bible which are two different myths with similar meaning. In the first Genesis, in the beginning, it was God who started creation, and the light was created at the beginning. The sky was made on the second day of creation. The land, water, plants, and trees were created on the third day. On the fourth day, the sun, moon, and stars were created. Then on the fifth day, creatures of the sea and sky were created. Animals followed that day on the land, and in the end, humans were created on the sixth day. On the seventh day, God completed his creation and made it the holy day. In Genesis 2, the creation of humans was Adam and Eve, who were the two individuals who were given the responsibility to look after the creation of God. (Bbc.co.uk/bitesize, 2020) In Hinduism faith, the universe is said to have started millions of years old. The Hindus believe in reincarnation, and Brahma created the universe. It was with the authority of Vishnu; the world and human beings were preserved. To continue with the cycle of birth, life, and death, Shiva is the destroyer who will let Brahma start the creation process all over again. (Pattanaik, 2020)
- The Bible is considered as an ultimate book for Christianity that includes everything from stories, letters, history, poetry, songs, and religious literature. It consists of two sections of the Old Testament, and the other one was the New Testament. (Drane, 2020) In Hinduism, it is the Vedas that is said to be the most ancient religious texts that were introduced by the Aryans in India. (Bbc.co.uk, 2020) In both religions, holy books are treated as very pious and vital.
- According to Christianity, the five moral values for living a good life includes generosity, courage, love, respect, and hope. (Compassion.com, 2020) The five moral instructions, according to Hinduism, for living a good life, are some ultimate beliefs where truth is eternal. Brahman is both truth and reality, and the Vedas are considered as the ultimate authority as they are without any start or end. Everybody should try to achieve dharma which stands for right conduct and moral law and duty. The last moral value, which is quite important is the goal of every individual should be to attain moksha or liberation where the soul releases are from the cycle of death and rebirth. (Srinivasan, 2020)
- In Christianity, no individual can be free from sin until Judgement Day and therefore cannot escape Hell if they do not abide by God’s rules. (Crier, 2020) In Hinduism, similar to Christianity, sin or wrongdoing can be due to disobedience to God’s law or dharma. (Jayaram V, 2020) It can be said that both religions stress on sins so that people prevent themselves from doing unlawful acts.
- The Bible is considered as the story of everything, including the creation and about the creator. It is about the desire of God for His children, and he wants to see humanity. (Petty, 2020) In Hinduism, the persistence of life is defined by four aims. They are called the Purusharthas. They are known as dharma, kama, artha, and then moksha. (Sugirtharajah, 2020)
- Jesus desires suitable for his children and wants humanity to prevail. Christianity wants people to be compassionate towards each other. ("What the Bible Can Teach Us About Compassion", 2020) The Hindus are expected to follow these four aims by maintaining ethical values in leading a good life. It tells us to love people close to us.
- It is through this opportunity to do good to others who belong to the family and society, can be truthful to God. (Biblestudytools.com, 2020) In Hinduism, ‘dana’ or giving is a crucial part of every individual’s religious duty or dharma. Everyone has dharma towards their close ones such as family and friends and society at large. (Sugirtharajah, 2020) Although giving begins at home, it extends beyond the home as well.
- The religion of Christianity is based on the teachings of Jesus. (Bbc.co.uk/bitesize, 2020) In Hinduism, Guru is considered as the primary teacher. He is a spiritual leader and guides the people in their lives. (("Hinduism", 2020)
- As per Christianity, the person who dies either goes to Hell or paradise. (Bernet, 1999) According to the Hindu faith, the Atman or soul is reborn but in a different body. ("Hinduism", 2020) However, there are some contradictory beliefs in this regard as well.
- As per Christianity, the person who gains worth is seen as a person with gentleness and patience. He is the one who maintains the unity of spirit and preaches peace. (Britannica.com. 2020) According to Hinduism, the person who gains worth is the one who attains moksha, and he gets done away with the cycle of birth and rebirth. He is not upset by worldly affairs. ("Hinduism", 2020)
- The main rituals of Christianity include Baptism, prayer, confessions, burial rites, marriage and religious education of young children. (“Christian Rituals, 2020”) The main rituals of Hinduism are samkara (life cycle rituals), marriage, death, worship, prayers, sacrifices and festivals. (Choudhury, 1998)
- The knowledge given in the Bible is considered the most trustworthy in Christianity. ("What the Bible Can Teach Us About Compassion", 2020)The lessons given under Vedas, Puranas and Bhagwat Geeta are the epitome of knowledge in Hinduism. ("Hinduism", 2020) These holy books are essential for the followers as all the teachings are based on these books.
- The relationship between God and human is based on worship. The Christians, who worship to God, become close to him and are able to walk on right path. (Britannica.com. 2020) In Hinduism, the humans who can connect with God are known as spiritual people, they are able to connect with him and follow his teaching. He may also impart his teachings with the people around. . (Jayaram V, 2020) In both religions, connection with God is considered very pious.
- In Christianity, a human is considered as a person since God is a person too. The humans are the real image of God, and therefore true nobility lies precisely there. The connection is utterly personal in this faith. (Harnack, 2006) In Hinduism, God and self are connected and have been mentioned in many ancient scriptures. The Brahman and the Atman are interchangeable, and the relationship is considered as the absolute reality of connection. (Klostermaier, 2007)
- According to Christianity, God is known to be the Father of his children. He perceives humans to be his children. ("God as Father - The Gospel Coalition", 2020) As per Hinduism, the relationship between God and Human is based on sacrifices, prayers, worship, etc. Like Christianity, Gods and Goddesses are considered as fathers and mothers, respectively. ("Hinduism", 2020) In both religions, humans consider themselves as children of their Gods and worship them.
- Prayer is the ultimate means of connecting with God in Christianity. More and more people are encouraged to connect with God by way of Praying. (White, 2020) In Hinduism, interaction with God is the ultimate aim of humans. According to Bhakti movement, which started in India in the 7th-8th Centuries, humans can become close to God by very simple means. ("Bhakti Movement: Meaning, Features and Impact", 2020) So this tells that both religion find it utmost important to have interaction with God.
Keeping up with college work and assignment dues were impossible! After using the assignment services provided by My Assignment Help, things just got a whole lot easier. Their efficiency in completing my assignments were simply incredible! I recommend this service to anybody facing hardships in finding time to complete their assignments.
In my first year, I was given a ton of paper composing assignments and it got extremely disappointing past a point, as I couldn't concentrate on my additional curricular. This typically influenced me to submit content with less effort and freshness which made me low grades in the end. I became acquainted with about their exposition composing plan and thought that it was practical and from that point forward I've been acing my assignments on Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Thanks to the group.
My finals were nearing and I was very worried as I am somebody with low confidence issues and I needed some proper guidance in terms of internal Assignment and this is exactly when I came across this service aiding website and it helped me tremendously. I felt positive and told them the requirements for my assignment on analyzing Graphs and GDP of two nations and they made it very easy for me to concentrate in m exams and I scored really well. All credits to you guys.
Aaron, New South Wales